The Sea Clean Industrial Degreaser is a natural cleaning product derived from seaweed extracts and designed for use in a variety of industrial applications. It is independently proven to be 97.5% as effective as the chemical degreaser trichloroethylene, whilst having none of the health risks or environmental side-effects.
Sea Clean Industrial Degreaser was proven to match the efficacy of trichloroethylene (TCE) - the industry leading solvent - by up to 97.5% in an independent study recently carried out by Pera.
Many of TCE’s applications have been outlawed since 2010, owing to its chemical instability and detrimental health effects (it's carcinogenic and mutagenic).
Sea Clean offers an alternative: a powerful degreaser with no environmental or health risks whatsoever.
Sea Clean Industrial Degreaser uses the biosurfactants contained within the Laminaria digitataseaweed to remove oil and grease from porous and sealed metal surfaces - and plastics - in a variety of contexts. Some of the most common applications for the product include:
- Component or parts washing: for use in dip tanks, ultrasonic cleaning machines, tunnel washers and spray cabinets
- Electroplating: an ideal pretreatment for removing impurities prior to finishing
- Plastic recycling: an eco-friendly wash for cleaning shreaded plastics before processing
- Mechanics: for many of the routine degreasing jobs in the motor trade
There are many other settings in which the Sea Clean Industrial Degreaser can be an appropriate cleaning product. Contact us using the form on the right of this page to find out more.
Switiching to Sea Clean Industrial Degreaser can have a range of benefits, including:
- Health and Safety: the product contains no chemicals and is neither flammable nor detrimental to employee health; in fact, it is free from COSHH certification altogether, reducing overheads
- Low Operating Temperatures: when used in a cleaning bath, Sea Clean is effective at 45C as opposed to the 65C more typical of chemical degreasers, and it requires 20% less immersion time, providing considerable heat savings
- Environmentally Sound: Sea Clean is totally natural, sustainable and biodegradabale to OECD301d test. It contains no caustic alkalis or biocides; and therefore helps companies to uphold their environmental repsonsibilities and commitments