Keeping your personal information safe is very important to us. We are committed to complying with privacy and data protection laws and being transparent about how we process personal data.
We have policies, procedures and training in place to help our employees understand their data protection responsibilities and follow the data protection principles.
Personal data is any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally.
Reasons for Collection of Personal Data
To comply with our contractual obligations to fulfil your order.
To respond to your queries and enquiries, using the personal data you sent enables us to respond.
We do this on out contractual obligations, our legitimate business interest and our legal obligations.
If you sign up to our newsletter consent is given for us to keep you informed on special offers, discounts and promotions, news and tips by email. You can opt out at any time.
When we collect personal data
We may collect your personal data in different ways, for example:
• when you communicate with us by post, telephone, email and via our websites,
• When you place an order or request a catalogue by post, telephone, email, via the website or any other means.
• If you sign up to our newsletter
• When ordering or communication through Amazon or eBay
• When you review products or the company
What personal data can we collect
We only collect personal information that we need.
This may include:
• Contact details such as name, address, delivery address, email address, phone numbers and password (if you set up an account)
• We also collect non-personal information on how the website is used and navigated. This information is not directly linked to individuals.
• Reviews and questions on products and our company
We do not store customer credit card details.
Who we share your personal data with
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
If we share your data, we only supply the information they need to perform the specified service and they can only use your data for the specified purpose.
We work closely with all the third parties to ensure your data is protected.
Trusted third parties are as follows:
• Delivery couriers and companies of direct delivery items to send your order
• Direct marketing company to store our mailing list (only if you sign up for our newsletter)
• IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
We may also be required to disclose personal data to the police of other enforcement bodies, upon a valid request. These requests take customer privacy into consideration and are all assessed case by case.
Your right under GDPR are as follows:
• Request a copy of the information we hold about you.
• To change or correct your personal information if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
• Ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data
• To delete your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue using or holding this information.
• Receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format.
• Object, on grounds relating to your specific situation, to any of our processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on you
Requests should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Sea-Chem Limited, Unit 18, Horton Court, Hortonwood 50, Telford, TF1 7GY.
We will respond within 30 days of receiving your written request.
How long we keep your personal information
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary. We will not retain your personal information if it is no longer required. In some circumstances, we may legally be required to retain your personal information, for example for finance, employment or audit purposes.
• We will keep orders records for 7 years to comply with HMRC regulations.
• We will keep records of queries and enquiries for 1 year.
Changes to this policy
Any other questions
If you have can questions that haven’t been covered please email email@example.com